Welcome to 635 MLD WTP at Sonia Vihar
140 MGD Water Treatment Plant, Sonia Vihar is India’s largest single stage water treatment plant. To meet the shortfall of drinking water, Delhi Jal Board, has undertaken the largest project in its history. Construction of 635 MLD Drinking Water Treatment Plant on Design, Build & Operate basis awarded to SUEZ India Private Limited, the world leader in water treatment, using state-of-the-art technology suiting Indian Conditions.
Salient Features of the Plant
- India’s largest single stage water treatment plant, complete with sludge & wastewater recovery.
- Treatment capacity of 635 million litres per day catering to 3.5 million population of Delhi.
- Fully automated SCADA enabled plant.
- Well proven & extremely efficient three phase treatment scheme.
- Extremely low water losses, less than 1.5% from the entire plant.
- Complete construction over reclaimed land.
- Compact plant layout, optimum land usage. 50% saving compared to conventional schemes.
- Proven technology, operating satisfactorily on different waters worldwide including India.
- Beautifully landscaped plant with terrace gardens.